Invisibility of Being Old - Championing New Models of Aging
I help Boomers & Retirees overcome the feelings of being irrelevant and unseen. I help them design a plan to Thrive in unRetirement so they can live healthy, vibrant and fulfilled.
After going through a divorce in 1992, I felt a lot of shame and guilt – “I’ve ruined my kids life.” As a principal I knew what happened to children of divorced families. I was embarrassed that the families in my school would lose confidence in me since I couldn’t even keep my family together, how could I lead a school effectively. I came across Debbie Ford’s Dark Side of the Light Chaser’s book. I couldn’t tell enough people about it. I did book studies at church and any other places people would let me. I learned about Debbie’s Shadow Process conference in San Diego. I rounded up 3 friends to go with me. It was transformative, it changed my life. It freed me from my hopeless thoughts. I needed more. I needed to help others free themselves of the chains that bound them. Debbie had a coaching certification program. It was what I had to do. I became passionate about coaching. I was hooked. I fell in love. My world changed, I was a different person. I found joy, freedom and acceptance that I hadn’t known. I learned how to use the darkness in life to bring hope. I loved the difference I could make in the people I coached. Coaching taught me how to help others design a life of their dreams and help remove obstacles that hold them back. I saw what coaching could do. The transformations were amazing.
Finally, the time came to create my dream – a coaching business. I had no idea how.
Just like so many people who retire, I had no idea how to begin. I was a step ahead, I did know I wanted to coach. Many retirees have no idea what they want to do. I thought I would be able to start my business and people would come. I never realized that people weren’t going to turn over the hard earned cash if they didn’t know and trust me.
Furthermore, I had no idea what it took to have an online business, to be an entrepreneur. I was treading in unknown territory.
My faith is strong. Knowing when you ask, you receive answers. My prayers were to show me how to build a coaching business, have clients and a steady income. I was open to receive and willing to be led.
I followed the messages:
- I received an email asking if I wanted to build a coaching business and have clients. Join Sage Lavine for a telesummit. I had no idea what that was, but I followed.
- I created a telesummit, Living Free From the Pain of Divorce. Most of the experts on the summit had products, programs and books. I had none.
- I wrote a book, Making Your Dreams Come True, a 21-day Journey to Your Higher Self.
- I followed the next lead – Marie Forleo’s B-School. Her 6 pillars of how to create an online business.
- I learned I had to communicate consistently so potential clients would begin to know me, trust me, and see if I resonated with what they needed. I began sending daily inspirational tips, then twice a month blog, and now I do it weekly.
- Finally, I was able to coach. My program was Live Your Best Life based on Debbie Ford’s work.
- I created courses. Sadly, not much traction. I realized when you market to everyone, you market to no one.
I had to find my niche.
I found it!!!
Boomers and Retirees.
I’m an actual Baby Boomer living and breathing these ideas. And trust me: your potential is limitless. I’m Dr. Dottie Hager, master of personal development, lover of learning, and founder of Thriving in UnRetirement. I help vibrant, active retirees like you discover their next career around their passion projects.
You see I’m just a few steps ahead of you, traversing this new territory, these possibilities, and unknowns.
When we work together, you get the inspiration, roadmap, and a support network you need. I’ll show you how to leverage your experience and wisdom, to be relevant again and to add meaning back into your life. You’ll learn how to use your passion and talents to make the most of this fourth quarter and truly feel alive.
Ready to explore what’s calling you? Maybe not coaching, but what is it for you?
Find that joy and fulfillment you had in your career while keeping the flexibility and freedom you desire in retirement.
Join me to show you what is possible. Want to know how? Sign up for your complimentary discovery session today at dottiehager.com.
P.S. I know how hard it is to begin again. To be a novice in the world of mostly 20 and 30-year-olds. Let me save you time, money and hardship as you create your passion project and feel relevant again.